Candle Care & Safety
To ensure you get the most enjoyment out of your candles, it is important to follow standard candle safety and care guidelines. Burn Box is not responsible for misuse.
- Burn within sight on a level, heat resistant surface away from drafts, children, pets and flammable objects.
- Upon first lighting, allow wax melt pool to reach edge of glass before extinguishing to prevent wax tunneling. This may take at least 1-2 hours.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Limit lightings to 4 hours.
- Do not touch hot glass on a burning or cooling candle.
- Snap off excess burnt wood to 1/4" prior to each burn.
- If you notice the flame height getting too low after burning for an extended amount of time, it may be necessary to snap off any excess ash or burnt wood along the top of the wick. The flame will then return to its proper optimal height.
- Keep wax pool free of debris and wood wick trimmings.
- Always burn candles in a well ventilated room.
- Never extinguish candles with water.
- If smoking occurs, extinguish candle, trim wick and relight.
- Handle glass jar with care. If the jar is broken, chipped or cracked, discontinue use.
- Discontinue burning once 1/2" of wax remains. Burning beyond this point can present a fire hazard.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of soy wax, it is normal to see some adhesion changes within the glass over time. This does not affect the ability of the wax to burn or mean the candle is defective.